Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies in Imperial Brands Essay.
Word account is 2500.
This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
- Build a systemic framework including both internal and external factors to identify/examine their impact on a business’ social responsibility
- Understand various models of corporate social responsibility and apply to practical examples
- Critically evaluate business practices to articulate debates concerning social responsibilities and response to ethical dilemmas
- Critically review approaches for engaging stakeholders in social responsibility and sustainability programmes
This assignment is made up of a report
You are expected to conduct an independent piece of research that considers different industries/organisations and management practices across different geographical locations by evaluating how corporate social responsibility practices have been undertaken and critically discuss alternative approaches and solutions.
Using key themes from this module, you need to develop a corporate social responsibility strategy for ONE of the companies from the following list:
1 – AB SUGAR
2 – ACCA
3 – AGROFAIR
4 – FRIESLAND CAMPINA
5 – IMPERIAL BRANDS
Write a report to be presented to the board of directors responsible for the company’s corporate social responsibility strategy. Your report should include an analysis of the proposed strategy taking into account the following issues:
- Explore corporate social responsibility in different organizational and national contexts focusing on the six core characteristics of CSR – relate them to the organisation of your choice from the case studies pack.
- Explore the variety of theoretical avenues and the diversity of theoretical concepts in CSR and relate them to the chosen organisation. You need to apply at least three models/theories within this section.
- Examine strategic approaches used currently by the chosen corporation in fulfilling their community responsibilities
4 Make recommendations identifying how a more sustainable CSR strategy can be developed for your chosen company. The suggestions should analyse the following aspects:
- How ecological responsibilities could be further enhanced in the chosen organisation’s corporate strategy
- How the chosen company might enhance social welfare by developing products for consumers or responding to demands from consumers for greater responsibility.
- How the chosen organisation might enhance their CSR strategy in regards to the recruitment and retention of employees.
- You need to ensure that the recommendations given are original and are proposed in accordance with your understanding of the selected case study.
5 – Conclusion