DePaul University Video of The Moral Side of Murder Questions.
After watching the following video (at least the first 15 mins), discuss:
1. What is your decision about the Trolley driver’s case (turn the steering wheel/push the fat man)? And why?
2. What would be your decision towards the Doctor’s case (save the one severely injected or the five)? And why?
3. How and what are the ethical standards you applied in making your decisions? (need to apply at least one or several of the following ethical tests learned from Chapter 2 for judging ethical behaviors in your explanation):
- The utilitarian principle
- Kant’s categorical imperative
- The professional ethic
- The Golden Rule
- The television test
- The family test