Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Mission Planning Systems Support Paper.
In a two to three page assessment, address the formulation of regulatory compliant operational strategies required to support safe and efficient operation of various sUAS configurations, specific to location and environmental conditions.
Scenario: As a commercially rated remote pilot, you have been hired to provide imagery on a watershed spanning 15 square miles in the vicinity of Petes Creek, Ranch Creek, and the Russian Creek west of the Killdeer Mountain State Game Management Area in North Dakota. It is such a large area that you determine to take several aircraft with you since the location is remote and you are a half day from the location. You will need to navigate to the following locations that you have been authorized to use as a base of operations:
- 47°27’03.0″N 103°05’28.2″W
- 47°28’22.1″N 103°05’53.9″W
- 47°27’12.9″N 103°07’15.6″W
Choose the Parrot Disco ProAg (with a Sequoia camera) and the DJI Inspire 2. Both are registered with the FAA and possess a certificate of registration.
Be sure to address what type of imagery is needed to identify plant health in this sector and, if you are able, identify animal populations in these areas.
Specific components of the analysis must address certain Learning Outcomes, so use the following list as a guide:
- Problem/Issue: Provide operational strategies that support a safe and efficient operation of various sUAS configurations, specific to location and environmental conditions.
- Systems Characteristics: Identify and address your system’s characteristics, whether they are technical equipment like the Sequoia, Zenmuse XT2, or X5S, perhaps smart battery technology, or safety systems that promote safe flight operations.
- Concept: Platforms are selected and remaining equipment, operational standards, safety systems, and deployment parameters are briefly explained here. Cover potential challenges.
- Support Requirements: Ensure that you identify the mission planning systems support. Consideration needs to be given to the flight planning software, mapping strategies, risk tools, vehicle support, weather, communications, etc., that you would use for this mission.
- Recommendation: Your recommendation would include a list of the requirements.