Grossmont College Drinking Habits Statistics Lab Discussion.
A university conducted a student survey, collecting data from a random sample of 236 undergraduate students.
The data for this lab is a subset of the real data collected by the university. Some students did not answer all of the questions in the survey. We use the symbol * in the spreadsheet to indicate missing data.
- Gender Male or Female
- Alcohol Number of alcoholic beverages consumed in a typical week
- Height Self-reported height (in inches)
- Cheat Would you tell the instructor if you saw somebody cheating on an exam? (0=No, 1=Yes)
If you have not done so already, download the drinking (Links to an external site.) datafile, then upload the file in StatCrunch.
In your initial discussion post, respond to each of the following after you download the drinking.xlsx file provided in the Data section below.
- Describe the distribution of weekly alcohol consumption using concepts from Unit 2.
- Make an appropriate graph and provide appropriate numerical summaries. To recall how to create these items, see the StatCrunch directions provided below.
- Describe the shape, center and spread using numerical measures that best describe the distribution.
- In your description, include an interval of typical values and a discussion of variability.
- Embed your StatCrunch graph in your initial post. To recall how to embed StatCrunch output, see the directions provided below.
- Do the data suggest that drinking is a problem in this university?
- Use the data to support your answer.
NOTE: I will provide you the Canvas log in and password when you bid the question to view and understand the discussion better. You have to use StatCrunch for the data so I will provide you with the log in info too.Last NOTE: use you own words with basic English. NO copying or Plagiarism.