Grossmont College Learn by Doing Interquartile Range and Boxplots Discussion.
Learn by Doing
Here are the directions, grading rubric, and definition of high-quality feedback for the Learn by Doing discussion board exercises. This warning is not included in subsequent discussions, but please always remember to click on the Learn-by-Doing link and read every word!
Here is a boxplot for a distribution of data.
- Calculate the IQR for the boxplot shown.
- Make up a data set (n = 10) that has the same minimum value, same median, and same maximum value, but a larger IQR than the boxplot shown. Describe your strategy.
- Make up another data set (n = 10) that has the same minimum value, same median, and same maximum value, but a smaller IQR than the boxplot shown. Describe your strategy.
To view the grading rubric for this discussion board, click on menu icon (three vertical dots) and then select show rubric. Please note, if viewing the course via the Canvas mobile app the rubric does not appear on this page.
Tips for Success
- To post your initial post, click the “reply” button at the top of the introduction thread below.
- You are required to reply to two of your peers in this discussion; don’t forget to complete this requirement of the activity or you will lose points. Provide high-quality feedback to your peers.