- Financial Plan Grading Guide
- Cash Budgeting Scenario
- Cash Budget Worksheet
Cash Budget Worksheet Answers
Purpose of Assignment
In this assignment, you will be evaluating a cash budgeting scenario and developing a financial plan for a fictional business.
Review the Cash Budgeting Scenario.
Calculate the cash budget using the Cash Budget Worksheet, and use the Cash Budget Worksheet Answers to review your work — this is to assist you in writing your paper. The cash budget does not need to be submitted.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word financial plan in which you complete the following:
- Discuss potential cash budget benefits and pitfalls for the business, including how the budget supports the strategic goal of the business to increase revenue by 10% annually.
- Outline your expected business expenses (e.g. fixed and variable costs, marketing, labor, operations, insurance) and sources of revenue (e.g. funding, sales of products/services).
- Include an income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
- Explain how you will adjust your small business cash budget to manage contingencies (such as emergencies and market shifts) as well as product and distribution shifts.
- Compare the differences between a cash budget and an operating budget, and explain why both are beneficial.
- Explain why a budget variance analysis is crucial for the operation of a business, and discuss how often a budget variance analysis should be performed.
- Summarize your findings/recommendations.
- Have the above requirements as separate, labeled sub-sections in your paper.
Cite a minimum of three references with in-text citations. Note the following regarding written paper assignments:It should not have to be re-stated, but remember ALL written paper assignments are required to have a reference page AND citations in the body of the text representing all references. A paper with no references OR no citations is considered a form of plagiarism and will result in zero points. Also remember, in text citations are not just for quoted material.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines
Submit the assignment via an MS Word Document.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides