MATH 144 Grand Canyon University Unit Conversions Algebra Discussion.
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the mean height of an American male is 69.3 inches and the mean height of an American female is 63.8 inches. The standard deviation for both genders is 2.7 inches.
- According to Chebyshev’s Theorem 75% of the data for your gender lies between what two heights?
- If height is assumed to be normal, what percentage of the data lies between those same two heights?
Look in the Guided Worksheets on page 49 for more information.
A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet is required for this DQ. Chapter from book attached
Note from Professor:
1. Read example 13 on page 03-25 to review z score and SD.
2. Read example 14 on page 03-30 to under the SD of a normal distribution.
3. Find page 49 in the guided worksheets under the Course Materials to understand “Chebyschev’s Theorem.” : For any data set at least 75% of the data values are within 2 standard deviations of the mean and at least 89% are within 3 SD’s. Use this information to answer the first part of this DQ topic. (attached)
4.For the second part of DQ, use the graph on the top of the page 49 in guided worksheets to find the percentages.
Al materials attached