MGH 1106 SPC Important People in Set Theory Augustus De Morgan Essay.
1. Identify and research one of the important people in set theory.
There are many important findings in the area of set theory. Set theory is actually classified into several periods of time, including constructivism, emergence, consolidation, etc. Several important people in this field include:
- Georg Cantor (1845-1918)
- Bernard Bolzano (1781 – 1848)
- John Venn (1834-1923)
- Augustus DeMorgan (1806 – 1871)
- Leopold Kronecker (1823-1891)
- Bertrand Russell (1872 – 1970)
For this posting you will select one of these people and research their findings. In what country and which university did they work? What was one of their most important contributions to the field of set theory?
2. Create a new Microsoft Word (.doc / .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) document on your computer, and write at least one full page of content in your own words. Please cite 2-3 references from websites that are reputable. Note: headings, titles, references, blank lines etc. do not count towards the more than one page requirement.
Please follow MLA formatting (Purdue Owl MLA Style Guide):
- Double spaced
- 12pt font
- 1″ margins
- Indent paragraphs
- Include a Works Cited page (separate page, not included in the 1-2 page requirement)