MKTG 5302 WBU History of Corvette & new C8 Corvette Research Paper.
The first task is to select an individual product/service and no two students will work on the same product/service. This must be an existing product or service for an organization. Trying to market an entire company will not work and will make life difficult for you. A class-wide term paper discussion will be open in Week 1. It is best to try and make a decision as soon a possible. Proposed products must be submitted to this discussion by Sunday (last day) of Week 6 for instructor approval.
Use of direct quotes must be minimized to 1 per page and extended direct quotes (40 words or more requiring special block formatting) avoided altogether. Outside sources to be cited include scholarly marketing journals, practitioner publications, and the course textbook. Assignments must be submitted through Safe Assign in Blackboard.
The term paper will include the following sections:
- A brief history of the product/service and company. This has to be a specific product or service. For example, if you plan on presenting a shoe from Under Armour you will present the actual model e.g. ‘Curry 7.’
- Marketing strategy recommendation – focus on one of the marketing mix (4P’s) items that you will change, modify, etc. to improve, extend, or end the product. Key items to discuss with your recommendation includes improving revenues, profits, etc for the organization.
- A thorough Situational Analysis or PESTLE Analysis specifically regarding the product and recommendation being proposed.
- Provide at least two recent or relevant examples of the recommendation to support your analysis through peer-reviewed or practitioner publications.
- Provide a detailed profit-and-loss (P&L) analysis that includes a return-on-investment summary of your recommendation. Not the company’s current P&L but the financial implementation or impact of your recommendation.
- Include at least one contingency plan if your recommendation goes south.
- Incorporate at least 5 scriptural verses (with citations) that will integrate with the topic and recommendations you make within your proposal.
APA and Paper Requirements:
- Properly formatted 10 – 12 page paper, title and reference pages don’t count
- 12 approved credible sources – including textbook and Bible
- Introduction and conclusion in addition to sections 1-6