Queens Suicide Related Behaviors Among High School Students in the US Discussion.
Suicide-Related Behaviors Among High School Students in the United States
(several questions from the YRBSS can be used, including questions on feeling sad/hopeless, students who seriously considered suicide, students who made a plan to attempt suicide, students who actually attempted suicide and students who reporting injury as a result of suicide attempts)
information must come from scholarly resources
Assignment:Create an InfoGraphic for your assigned Public Health Problem using the categories below and write a one page apa paper explaining the data on the infographic :
- Burden of Disease: Describe the magnitude of the problem (disease and deaths) in the United States.
- Temporal Trends: Identify any trends in disease occurrence over time (is the disease increasing, decreasing, stable, variable, etc.)
- Geography: Identify and note any geographic variations in disease occurrence.
- Disparities: Identify and note any disparities with regards to age, race and gender.
Be creative with how you create your infographic being careful not to overwhelm the reader/viewer. All relevant data sources and references MUST be provided.
Plagiarism will result in an automatic Fail.
Some great tips for designing infographics:
- Keep it simple! Don’t try to do too much in one picture.
- Decide on a color scheme.
- Research some great facts and statistics.
- Think of it as a visual essay: ensure your arguments hold and are relevant.
- Remember that it’s all about quickly conveying the meaning behind complex data.
- Draw conclusions based on review of scholarly articles and documents.
- Provide sources for any and all data and research that you use in your infographic
Suggested Infographic Websites include:
- CANVA online at: https://www.canva.com
- PICTOCHART online at : https://piktochart.com/
- VENNEGAGE online at: https://venngage.com/
- VISME online at: https://www.visme.co/