Walden University Apple Inc Porter Five Competitive Forces Presentation.
Consider this scenario:
A key component of strategic analysis and planning is the assessment of a company’s competitive advantage (referred to by some as competitive position). In the article by Michael Porter in this week’s Readings, he identifies five potential sources of competitive strength or vulnerability:
- Existing level of competitive rivalry in the industry
- Buyer bargaining power
- Supplier bargaining power
- Threat of substitute products
- Threat of new entrants
Porter’s Competitive Forces model is an extension of his earlier work on strategy (Porter, M. E., 1996).
For this Assignment, use this week’s resources and any outside appropriate resources to prepare a competitive analysis for an existing product and complete the following:
Imagine that you are asked to provide a presentation on an organization’s competitive advantage to the organization’s board. To choose an organization, you may select your own or one with which you are familiar.
By Day 7
Submit a PowerPoint presentation (9–12 slides excluding title and reference slides, consistent with APA guidelines) that examines the competitive advantage of your chosen organization. Include the following:
- Describe the target market and apparent marketing mix of your chosen organization.
- Conduct a five forces analysis for the selected organization.
- Choose a competitor for the selected organization and conduct a five forces analysis for the chosen competitor.
- Finally, evaluate which of the two organizations has the competitive advantage using your five forces analyses. Be sure to identify any leverage or advantages that your organization has in relation to the chosen competitor. Use facts from the two analyses to support your conclusion.
Be sure to use the Notes view in PowerPoint to provide your analysis, assessment, evidence, or examples relevant to each slide.
Refer to the Week 2 Assignment Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this Rubric to assess your work.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK2Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 2 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 2 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK2Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.